They say "a picture is worth a thousand words," but I say a thousand words paints a far better picture. Nowadays, visual identity and brand messaging depend on one another. A picture alone is open to interpretation and desperately needs words to tell your unique story.
Standing out from the visual clutter, where everyone is a smartphone photographer, requires words: defining your brand, shaping your message, adding context and value with SEO-supportive content, and deeply engaging your audience through compelling CTAs.
I combine more than 15 years experience in marketing writing, planning, and execution with 8 years of rich creativity designing websites, email newsletters, and graphics. Successful marketing requires the right messaging and strategy for your audience so that your polished visual brand reaches them, resonates, and returns results.
I began writing for clients at marketing and PR firms, where I managed and supported national education campaigns for national associations, corporations, and non-profit organizations.
The national market research and strategic plans I prepared informed campaign messaging and outreach. I wrote a variety of campaign and grassroots marketing materials for experts, transforming technical trade information into enticing consumer language.
As a freelance, I broadened my skill set to include web design for product development. For example, I designed a job-search training portal and its 50+ university subscriber websites, including for Stanford and Wharton. I also designed and wrote e-newsletters for bestselling textbooks. I create visually compelling materials with messaging that moves the audience.
Some clients consider me their Chief Marketing Officer when they can't afford to hire one full time, on-hand to consult on all marketing and development efforts.
I also support businesses and expert authors as an editor and writing coach.
Specialties: Marketing, Web Design, Copywriting, Editing, Organizational Support
My design products in this portfolio also feature online content I developed. Thank you for visiting!
Los Angeles, CA
To deliver professional, engaging content with strong visual appeal that connects with audiences and strengthens company image.
Profile / Summary
• 15 years total experience as a marketing copywriter and editor for both web and print, including 6 years agency experience
• 8 years freelance experience creating impactful websites and design materials for clients in a variety of industries
• Extensive background writing consumer-oriented information for medical and health sciences, business, construction, and education sectors
• Seasoned in client service; attuned to serving clients’ unique editorial needs and strategic goals
• Strong editorial skills, knack for compelling messaging that connects with target audiences
• Keen eye for visual design and developing attractive visual concepts
• Clear understanding of tone and language required by various content mediums, including online company and product descriptions, social media conversations, consumer news and trade publications.
Freelance Consultant – Web Designer, Copywriter, Editor (2010 to present)
Manage web, marketing, and editorial needs for businesses, authors and experts
• Web products and web design
• Copywriting - digital content, e-newsletters, blogs, books
• Research / branding
• Visual aids, presentations
• WordPress / CMS, client DIY trainings
Freelance Consultant – Web, Marketing and PR Consulting (2005 to 2009)
Managed and supported marketing and editorial needs for Write Pitch Communications clients
• Web content and development
• Media promotion and training
• Marketing materials
• Event management
• Public relations
Senior Account Executive – Marmillion + Company, Los Angeles, CA (2002 to 2005)
Managed three of the firm’s largest accounts, oversaw and supported national education campaigns.
• Strategic planning
• Market research – national polls, focus groups, annual reports
• Writing – brochures, grassroots toolkits, magazines, persuasive trend pieces
• Award-winning media outreach
• Business partnership development